Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2005 Taurus Crank no Start

More
6 years 2 months ago #18180 by chiefwelsh
I have a 2005 Taurus 3.0L SOHC cranks and won't start. Last week I had to replace the coil pack, #5 hole was dead. Runs good.Next week Daughter went to work at 5am (5degrees in Nebraska) it ran good. Went to leave for work at 1330 same day, crank no start, she said it smells like gas. Checked fuel shut-off in trunk, it's good. Checked resistance of fuel pump. In spec. Checked for input voltage at coil pack, it's battery voltage. Battery is charged, reads 12.9 volts on solace pro. Fuel pressure is 39psi static 40-45 while cranking. Battery drops to 12 while cranking. No codes present. Coolant sensor reads outside temp. Tach reads while cranking. All gauges go through key on cycle. Any help appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #18182 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic 2005 Taurus Crank no Start
I assume you tried cranking
while holding throttle wide open? Checked for spark? Injection pulse? Pull plugs see if there wet with fuel?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

More
6 years 2 months ago #18197 by chiefwelsh
I have tried throttle wide open. Confirmed spark. Will check for injection pulse and condition of plugs. Thanks

More
6 years 2 months ago #18205 by Dylan
Replied by Dylan on topic 2005 Taurus Crank no Start
Moved this thread to repair section guys ;)

More
6 years 2 months ago #18302 by chiefwelsh
I verified with a pressure gauge that Fuel pressure was good, it is tested what the scanner said. Made sure the battery was completely charged, verified spark was present. Held the throttle wide open and cranked it for 10-15 seconds a couple times and it started. Ran terrible and wouldn't come down from 2k rpm until I tapped on the idle air mixture valve. I will replace it tomorrow.

More
6 years 2 months ago #18303 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Re:2005 Taurus Crank no Start
Alright sounds like it was flooded pretty good. peculiar the iac valve stuck open at the same time ? Either way glad you got it fixed .

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Time to create page: 0.228 seconds