Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

AC doesn't blow cold.

More
6 years 2 months ago #18185 by Saj77777
2005 Honda Odyssey EX

The high and low side stay at the exact same pressure, no matter engine off or on, AC off or on. I evacuated the system, however it could not pull a vacuum bow "0" on the gauge set.
I started to recharge the system, and both the high and low sides took a charge up to 60 psi, and wouldn't take anything more than that.

I'm baffled because, how can it not take a vacuum below 0 degrees mercury, but it CAN hold a charge without leaking?

I checked to be sure the clutch relay was indeed engaging. Then I verified 12V available on the load side of the relay. However, when I shorted the load contacts, there was no current flow, and the clutch did not engage.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #18194 by dkggpeters
Replied by dkggpeters on topic AC doesn't blow cold.
Sounds like you do not have your gauges set up correctly.
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by dkggpeters.

More
6 years 2 months ago #18199 by Saj77777
Replied by Saj77777 on topic AC doesn't blow cold.
I doublecheck what you said made sure that I had the gauges set up properly.

Same thing.

Any other ideas?

Hold a charge but can't pull a vacuum. And the AC clutch does not engage at any time.

More
6 years 2 months ago #18200 by dkggpeters
Replied by dkggpeters on topic AC doesn't blow cold.
Follow what is done on this video. If you still show 0 then you need to test that your gauges aren't faulty.

More
6 years 2 months ago #18206 by Saj77777
Replied by Saj77777 on topic AC doesn't blow cold.
YEP the gauge set was missing two seals.

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds