Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Chevy Tahoe Hybrid no crank, no start

More
6 years 2 months ago #18164 by ivoalaska
Hello!

I hava a problem with Chevy Tahoe Hybrid. The car was towed to the workshop and have a no crank, no start situation. The car was bought from an auction in the US and the history is unknown, it was allegedly operational before it was sent. The battery is new.
The error codes are
1. P0AC4 Hybrid Powertrain Control Module Requested MIL Illumination
2. P0C17 Drive Motor "A" Position Sensor Not Learned
3. P0C18 Drive Motor "B" Position Sensor Not Learned

Because it's very cold here now and the car stands outdoors at the moment I have not succeeded testing anything very much and the main problem is that there is very little information on this system (GM Hybrid) in my country.
Does anyone have to share a manual about this system and a wiring diagram?

Any help is appreciated.

Best Regards,

Madis
Estonia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #18170 by Ben
What year is this Tahoe ? Is the high power battery charged? What are the codes in the hybrid control module? Was the battery dead when it arrived to your country?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

More
6 years 2 months ago #18171 by ivoalaska
The car is 2008. The battery was already dead, when it arrived. I'm having trouble reading the codes because my Bosch KTS or Autocom scanner are not particularly compatible with the car. At the beginning of the new week I can try Launch scanner, which should be better.
I think that the HV batteries are empty, but at the moment, unfortunately, this can not be confirmed.
How does jumpstart function work on this vehicle?

More
6 years 2 months ago #18173 by Ben
I believe that has a hybrid battery safety switch under rear bench seat make sure it's on also make sure the 12v battery is fully charged

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

More
3 years 3 months ago #46424 by Dolphin21
Hi I have the exact codes/ problem on the same truck did you have any luck finding the issue

More
3 years 3 months ago #46427 by ivoalaska
Yes, we fixt it and it still runs :) HV battery was bad, we replaced some elemnts (Panasonic) and after that everything was good.

Time to create page: 0.237 seconds