Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2001 venture chevy Van-bucking when warm

More
6 years 2 months ago #17974 by emo666
a self employed low wage person has a 2001 chevy venture van that started bucking when it has warmed up. I know nothing about what info from the scan or if they scanned it --but was taken to 2 repair shops . One was a mechanical shop and the other a transmission shop--supposedly it showed no codes (they said??) had for 3 weeks and released it and said to take it to a chevy dealer. (still costing $100 for diagnostics) Thats all the info I have --but was wondering if anyone has had this same problem and know of a fix. It's not much info-- sorry but some of you are really good at this stuff.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #17975 by Tutti57
Is the check engine light on?

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

More
6 years 2 months ago #17988 by emo666
she said the light just came on now--when she drove it home from the shop

More
6 years 2 months ago #17989 by Tutti57

emo666 wrote: she said the light just came on now--when she drove it home from the shop

There will be a code then that should help give some direction. Can you get it scanned at an AutoZone or a place like that?

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #17990 by juergen.scholl
It's almost impossible to give any substantial advise with the utter lack of information......

Your description may someone make think that the fault could be heat related. So almost anything that could go wonky when hot might be suspicious,from a coil to the crank sensor.

A more logical approach than just asking for similar failures and repairs should be taken to resolve the problem, something lke test, don't guess. Otherwise this might get REALLY expensive. With limited funds it is VERY important to use them wisely because you don't want to misuse these limited funds with wild goose chases.

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by juergen.scholl.

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds