Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

hight rezistor ,voltage drop?

More
6 years 3 months ago #17748 by qwefdref
hello guys.i was study chapter 7 potentiometers.,,and i dont undersund how can we have voltage drop ,with hight rezistor?if we have hight rezistor we have no current flow,wit hno current flow we have no voltage drop,,is this right? when Scaner Danner ,was exlpein how to identify wiring on tps, he said that if you read in the first wire 4.99.and in the second wire u read 4.79,,that means that firs one is 5 volt ref,and second signal wire,it reads 4.79 because have hight rezistor, that even volt meter connect gonna drop voltage? how this can hepend?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #17771 by Andy.MacFadyen
A really good digital voltmeter will have an internal DC resistance of 10 million ohms it will draw so little current from a circuit that it will not pull down the voltage on circuit on car to any major amount.
However how much the voltage is drawn down depends on both the meter and the circuit being measured, there will always be some voltage drop when you measure the voltage on a high impedance electronic circuit with a meter.
However going to the other extreme a vheap old style voltmeter or some well known voltage probes have a much lower resistance and will attempt to draw high current loads from high impedance electronic circuits to pull the voltage down and render tests invalid.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tutti57, qwefdref

More
6 years 3 months ago #17793 by qwefdref
so you are saying that voltage drup,depends on the rezistence of voltmeter,if we have highter rezisten on multimeter ,we gona drup just a little voltage,,if we have low rezitence we gona drop a little more voltage,,i dont know if u understud me,anywaye thanks sir

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds