Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

BMW X5 E70 3.0si N52k engine 2007

More
6 years 3 months ago #17545 by naros812000
Dears,

I would like to get info regarding the above mentioned BMW. The issue with it is that the car consumes oil. Even the oil can get passed to Intake manifold and makes the MAF oily. I replaced the PCV valve which BMW calls it Oil Seperator.

Can anyone guide me how to fix this problem? or what is the the cause of this issue?

Photos attached that shows oil leakage
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #17548 by Andy.MacFadyen
It looks like the crankase is pressurising from excessive piston ring blow-by. Although these engines used the "Alusil" cyl#inder bore coating rather than the highly problematic "Nikasil" cylinder bore coating it is always going to more prone to bore wear than a conventional cast iron or chrome plated cylinder bore. I understand that any reconditioning of these engines is really only a manufacturer only job.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

More
6 years 3 months ago #17555 by Dylan
I'm moving this to repair section guys.

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #19846 by bmw master tech
sound like a bad crankcase valve

Time to create page: 0.231 seconds