Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2007 Renault Clio III - Camshaft and Valve Rocker Cover scratched

More
6 years 3 months ago #17453 by albertdrake
Hello again,

Long story short, it's been almost a year since I've been trying to fix the car.

Now, after having to tear down the engine, the mechanic found that the Intake Camshaft and the Rocker Valve cover (Cylinder head cover) have scratches and he strongly suggests replacing them.

However, I can't find them anywhere here in Mexico.

Can this damage be somehow repaired? Or is the risk of further damage too high?

Apparently, the oil solenoid valve that actuates the variable timing (VVT) had debris on the filter. It seems to be from a AWFUL job from the previous shop. I'm thinking that to be the cause of the scratches.

I attached 3 pictures of the damage found.

Thanks for the help guys!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #17454 by Andy.MacFadyen
The cover and cylinder head are a matched pair machined together at the engine plant and and sold as an assembly.
Yes that kind of damaged can be repaired but It is really a cost issue any repair a skilled and well equiped engine machine shop could do on the is going to be expensive although cheaper than a complete cylinder head from the dealers.
Also the damage to the camshaft would normally require a new camshaft and followers although the camshaft could be repaired by metal spraying again it is a cost issue.
If it were me I look for a complete replacement cylinder head or full engine.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds