Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

shake and shutter

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #16823 by andych1
shake and shutter was created by andych1
95 olds 98 ser2 226xxx mi. had condition of engine dying on hwy. to start I would need to hold down accelerator 1/4. I found open loop in tps with continuity test. Also replaced maf cause I was little rough while cleaning it. Starts and revs fine. Once down road 5 to 7 miles I have intermitten shaking or shutter. It will almost die but continues on. it did die once which required using accel to start. Engine light came on only once for about 15 sec then went off after another shutter. Both tps and maf have 5v signal and ground. Any questions or suggestions that will point a direction? thx.
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by andych1.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #16962 by andych1
Replied by andych1 on topic shake and shutter
took it to shop codes were o2 ,cam, lock up conv., and overdrive. Im really thinking it could be lock up clutch causing it to almost die. Picked it up today and experienced crank no start first 2 tries.

More
6 years 3 months ago #16964 by Can Bus
Replied by Can Bus on topic shake and shutter
Does it act like it wants to stall from park to drive? Just sounds like torque converter shudder. However a dirty MAF sensor can cause shifting problems. Did the problem happen before or after you replaced the MAF sensor? Just because the MAF is new doesnt mean it works.

There Is No Such Thing As A Stupid Question, If It's Sincere. Better To Ask And Risk Appearing Stupid Than To Continue On Your Own Ignorant Way And Make A Stupid Mistake. Author Confidential/Unknown

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #16966 by andych1
Does not stall park to drive. Happens at steady accel on hwy. It almost dies in OD or drive. It went this far on Lubeguard or Mr fix it tranny. its a t440
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by andych1.

More
6 years 3 months ago #16968 by Tutti57
Replied by Tutti57 on topic Re:shake and shutter
What are the fuel trim numbers?

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

More
6 years 3 months ago #16970 by andych1
Replied by andych1 on topic Re:shake and shutter
don't have those #s. Only have multimeter

More
6 years 3 months ago #17248 by andych1
took it to transmission shop. found to be icm. Had intermitten fire problem. Thx for ur input.

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds