Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Auto shutdown issue

More
6 years 3 months ago #17226 by Mort
Replied by Mort on topic Auto shutdown issue
like I said I checked the wiring between 85 at the relay and 67 at C2 the wire is good no open so I would assume it would be a driver issue I don't have a fuel pressure tester and haven't checked pulse yet

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #17278 by Mort
Ok I put my meter on B+ and touched Neg - side to 85. yes I have voltage there. while cranking it drops to 9.67 but not to zero as you suggest. I understand how the relay works I taught basic electrical for 15 yrs, but I don't understand why it doesn't energize. I put a probe in the back of position 67 of C2 which goes to the 85 side 0f the relay with the KOEO I grounded my light and touched the probe this immediately energized the relay seems to me that the PCM isn't completing the circuit. Also picked up a set of Noid lights , no I am not getting any ignition pulse nor spark. when I turn the ignition to the on position i get 12V for about 2 seconds then zero From the video I understand this to be normal but basicly no voltage when cranking. could this be a cam or crank sensor issue? if so how do i test the sensors?. really don't understand why I have voltage on all three wires going into the MAP sensor I have checked the wires none of them are crossed. I did break down and buy a fuel pressure tester I jumped the pump relay and have 60psi so the pump does work

• Dan17059
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #17397 by Dan17059
Replied by Dan17059 on topic Auto shutdown issue
This is just a shot in the dark..but isn't this one of the years where the harness melted together down behind the coil? I had one that had melted together and even after fixing all the wires it still wouldn't start. I can't remember exactly what Was fried but those wires touching fried something in the pcm. Pretty sure it had to do with the 5v ref....been too long ago
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Dan17059.

More
6 years 2 months ago #17408 by Mort
Dan I haven't found any melted wires in this van. This problem all started according to the owner, when the Dr side tire blew out and shredded the wiring in the wheel well. I repaired all of the wiring, but it still won't start. I'll recheck the wires going to the coil. I personally think the PCM got fried when the tire blew. When I got the vehicle from the owner a lot of the bare wires were taped together. I really need to figure this thing out. I've had it since New Years the owner hasn't said anything but i'm sure he would like to get it back.

More
6 years 4 weeks ago #19400 by Mort
Finally got this Van repaired. After checking every wire in the engine compartment I determined the PCM was indeed fried. It took almost a month to get the computer from my source. Next time I'll go with my gut instinct. I had too much voltage in places that it shouldn't have been for it to be anything else but the PCM. thanks for all the input folks

More
6 years 4 weeks ago #19415 by Mort
Glad to hear that the van has been repaired

Thanks Mondo. my biggest hindrance was the weather almost 3 months under 20 degrees with no heat in the shop. Again thanks Everyone

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds