Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Chevy Epic 2007 LS 2.4L

More
6 years 4 months ago #16696 by naros812000
Dears,
I am currently diagnosing a Chevy Epic 2007. Sometimes, when Idling, the oil can light flashing on and off. This happen only when at idle and it rarely does this not every time.

I used many scanner like Gscan 1, Gscan2, Vpecker and Snape on Verus. The car doesnt have info regarding oil like temp, pressure and so on.

The owner has changed both oil pump and oil pressure which didn't recommend doing so. The problem still exists

I diagnosed the oil pressure sensor using dvom both wires (voltage) and the sensor are good.

Any way to find out the reason.

Thank you all

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #16701 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Re:Chevy Epic 2007 LS 2.4L
I would start with a oil pressure test in place of the oil pressure sensor (1 can be had fairly cheap from harbor freight with adapters) to know what your pressure is at idle vs spec (low oil pressure is usually not caused by pump but rather by worn bearings allowing too much oil to flow by them)

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

More
6 years 4 months ago #16703 by naros812000
Could you please let me know where these bearing located? what are their function?

More
6 years 4 months ago #16704 by naros812000
Could you please let me know where this bearing is located? what is its function?
I do appreciate you Ben

More
6 years 4 months ago #16707 by arbez
Replied by arbez on topic Re:Chevy Epic 2007 LS 2.4L
He is referring to crankshaft main bearings & connection rod bearings

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds