Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

P0206

More
6 years 3 months ago #17159 by arbez
Replied by arbez on topic P0206
Possible the bad injector killed the new PCM?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #17211 by VJ
Replied by VJ on topic P0206
Hello everyone,
So I was testing the wire connector to the computor and when I lifted the connector upwards I noticed that the truck would start to settle down and stop shaking so much. Then I took out the injector connector to injector six and tested to see if it was pulsing with the test light connected to battery positive and it was but, only when I lifted the computor wire upwards. It would die after I let go of the connector. So I took off the guard connector to the computor and looked at the wire connected to injector six and saw that the wire was sort of flattened from being screwed in with the computor connector screw. I think this could explain the white smoke from before because the wire was shorted correct?

More
6 years 3 months ago #17212 by VJ
Replied by VJ on topic P0206
I looked at the inside if the computor and I don't see any signs of burns or corrosion so I think the computor is okay.

More
6 years 3 months ago #17220 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Re:P0206
So did you fix the wiring issue and it's running normal now? I doubt the screw smashing it would short it to ground the injector would light a test light all the time if it did short. it may have broken most of the wires and causing a high resistance ,did you replace that section of wire and injector connector? The injector pigtail should be available at your local parts store.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: VJ

More
6 years 3 months ago #17223 by VJ
Replied by VJ on topic Re:P0206
Yeah I replaced the wire connector but, I'm not so sure about the new one I got because the wires on it are not as thin or thick as the wires on the harness to injector connector six. I still haven't gotten to fixing the section of wire that was flattened though but, ill let you know what happens when I do.

More
6 years 3 months ago #17288 by VJ
Replied by VJ on topic Re:P0206
Yes, so that fixed the misfire. I'm seeing a much more noticeable pulse out of the injector six with the test light. I took the truck for a test drive after replacing the connector and the section of wire that was flattened, the truck idles and accelerated perfectly for the trucks age. The check engine light even went away for the last half of the drive. However the truck eventually did misfire again and have the check engine light come on again with the code 27 for and injector circuit malfunction soon after I came to a stop but, im sure that it is the new injector that is responsible for that because I checked the resistance on it after my test drive and it was at 17.0 ohms of resistance on cylinder one and all the others, even cylinder six, were at 15.6 to 15.7 ohms. Should I just replace all the injectors? I heard somewhere that new and old injectors put together will make a car run unevenly.

More
6 years 3 months ago #17291 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Re:P0206
No typically we do not change all injectors I would just replace the 1 out of range

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: VJ

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds