Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Secondary ignition problem reading

More
6 years 4 months ago #16569 by Nqkaf
I have a Hantek 1008c.
When i connect the probe to read secondary (on the wire) after 5 sec.the laptop and hantek loose communication.
When i disconnect the probe and disconnect/connect the usb everything is normal again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #16572 by arbez
Do you have another "probe" to try?

I assume that you are using one of these?

www.hantek.com/en/uploadpic/ProductImg/7...019-b6fe120933e7.jpg

You are grounding the clamp? It is possible that the ground for the cable isn't working, defective cable.

Does everything else work correctly?

More
6 years 4 months ago #16618 by Nqkaf
Yes i am using the same as on the picture.
My laptop on some of the try's got a blue screen and restartet it self.
No i don't have another one to try.
I tried again and grounded to 3 different spots but no result.
Other functions work (i haven't testet the probe for other than secondary).
I also didn't try with another channel, but maybe the probe is the problem.
How can i test if the probe is working?
Can they be repaired?

More
6 years 4 months ago #16619 by arbez
I would try it on another channel, but I suspect the probe is the problem. It may be spiking the scope with the spark from the plug wire. Don't play around with it too much. You don't want to do any permanent damage.

You can try to repair it. If it's bad so you have nothing to lose. Not worth crying over because it's only a $15.00 cable off Ebay. Search Hantek Ignition & sort by price.

Good luck

More
6 years 3 months ago #17302 by Nqkaf
I still don't have a new probe to test but what i noticed,
when i connect ground (only ground, the clamp that goes to the ignition wire isn't connected anywhere),
when i start the car the laptop and scope lose connection again.
The connection comes and goes in ~5 sec interval until i shut down the car and the connection stays.
What could be causing this?Can we call it 100% a bad probe?

More
6 years 3 months ago #17327 by Andy.MacFadyen
Do have the computer powered from the car battery ? If so I think you have what is called a ground loop issue. Or it could just be Hantek's quality control issues. also suspect that some scope accessories branded Hantek are knocok-off clones.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
6 years 3 months ago #17340 by Nqkaf
I'm not powering the laptop from the car battery.I'ts probably probe or scope problem, but does anyone how to diagnose them, i want to be sure where is the problem before i buy something new.(as it's written on the site "Don't be a parts changer" :lol: )(yes i know that maybe my question is for another forum)

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #17346 by Andy.MacFadyen
The probe is basically an attenuator --- a simple resistance voltage divider but it will also have protection diodes. You could try resistance test but I would the components will be surface mounted and the cheap construction will make it likely successful repair will be unlikely.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

More
6 years 1 month ago #19315 by Nqkaf
So i bought a new probe and the problem was the same.
I tried with a different laptop and i saw the signal(with the other laptop i never got to the part to see a signal)
The new and old probe work the same.
After that i tried with the old laptop and he showed the spark signal too (never done that till now).
But the problem is still there the connection between the laptops and scope keeps coming and going in seconds interval.
With one of the spark wires i can't get any signal (the laptop just loses and gets connection without signal)
With other wire i get signal(still i lose connection)
With other wire i get signal but with interference.(i try to keep all wires as far as possible from each other)
So any new idea where the problem could be?

More
6 years 1 month ago #19471 by Paul P.

Nqkaf wrote: So i bought a new probe and the problem was the same.
I tried with a different laptop and i saw the signal(with the other laptop i never got to the part to see a signal)
The new and old probe work the same.
After that i tried with the old laptop and he showed the spark signal too (never done that till now).
But the problem is still there the connection between the laptops and scope keeps coming and going in seconds interval.
With one of the spark wires i can't get any signal (the laptop just loses and gets connection without signal)
With other wire i get signal(still i lose connection)
With other wire i get signal but with interference.(i try to keep all wires as far as possible from each other)
So any new idea where the problem could be?

I own a Hantek 1008c it does the exact same thing yours does, looses connection during Secondary ignition and Primary Ignition testing and blue screens.

I figure it the scope being very poor quality and not the leads.

I then purchased a Hantek 6074BE and the Secondary leads from the 1008c work just fine. I now have 4 secondary probes and can watch an entire bank on my V8, but no parade which would be nice.

The 1008c would do injector waveforms and it did relative 2 trace compression.

the 6074BE is all I use now, it does everything and its 4 channels. But I wish the software was better, but its at least useable

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Never stop Learning.

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds