Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

06 Chrysler 300 defrost triping

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #1723 by 1mouse3
On a 06 Chrysler 300 how do they determine the variability for the temp for like the defrost, I look at one that will not give heat in a variable state but works on full. Here is a vidio of the live data with me testing functionality, vent gave slight function except right was slightly cooler and defrost temp never moved past about 50-55`. What also seemed odd is on floor it would spike to over 100` but would think that has nothing to do with defrost. With the car seeing 50-55` on defrost why would it not give heat in a variable state?

16:57 is where I got the best selection of pid's if you dont want to watch the hole thing

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/174152758/06-300%2Cdetrip.mp4
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by 1mouse3.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #1732 by ScannerDanner
What trouble codes is this system setting? I think you can force these systems into a self check

Don't be a parts changer!

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #1737 by 1mouse3
It did not have any codes set, I dont think I saw a self check option but was not looking for one and did not know there would be one. I can see when the person can be back out this way and look into it further
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by 1mouse3.

More
7 years 8 months ago #1798 by 1mouse3
I ran 3 more test on and the 3rd went past my 25min record time. first test was what I found in alldata, second was force control through the the scan tool and last was a actuator calibration test that past. I didn't manage to find any faults or cause fault codes to be triggered.

~18min is were I started force control
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/174152758/06-300-detrip-2.mp4

Time to create page: 0.322 seconds