Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Nissan Sentra B14 (1996 model)Speedometer Sensor (Carbureted)

More
6 years 4 months ago #16515 by boszkenneth31
Good Day Guys, Im Carl i need your help about my repair shop
i have nissan sentra speedometer problem, and i dont know how to wire speed sensor its "2 wire " i belive VRS type ?

correct me if im wrong, SPEED SENSOR>module>instrument cluster?
or speed sensor>direct to instrument cluster?

here are the module im not sure is this the module to speed sensor > module >instrument cluster

- 4 wires
- small red wire
- small light/green wire
- small red/green wire
- small green wire

guys i need your help please i wait for your reply More Power ScannerDanner GodBless

Thank You More Power Again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #16526 by Tyler
Everything I can find on your Sentra says that this is indeed a two wire VRS vehicle speed sensor. It'll produce an AC signal that you can measure with your DMM.

Are you posting from North America, or overseas? I ask because I've tried looking up info and diagrams for your Sentra, and none of them show the module that you posted pictures of. :unsure: Here's the diagram I have:

File Attachment:

File Name: document8.pdf
File Size:90 KB

This shows the VSS feeding into the speedometer (inside the cluster), which then sends a signal to the ECM. The VSS signal will be an AC sine wave, while the Speedo -> ECM signal is likely to be a square wave. Simplified, the signal goes VSS -> Speedo -> ECM.

If you have the ability to take DMM measurements on those pins with the front wheels spinning, then we might be able to figure out which pins do what. ;-)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: boszkenneth31

More
6 years 4 months ago #16559 by boszkenneth31
Hello MOD, Thank you for you reply, my sentra is "carbureted" and its not ECM .
my speed sensor is located on the transmission

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds