Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

toyota nze with 3zr engine

More
7 years 8 months ago #1705 by cyrus.nk
Hey guys?is it normal to have high percentage engine load on Toyota nze,allion,year 2009/10?have worked on many cars before and have never seen high % engine load more than 15% at idle.have only seen one car with high engine load 100% at idle and it was bad airflow sensor but recently have seen 2/3 zr engines at idle having 45 to 50% engine load at idle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #1706 by Caritech
Replied by Caritech on topic toyota nze with 3zr engine
I worked on RAV 4 and they have a high throttle position (16%) @ idle. It had me hunting but it turned out to be normal. I can't remember load number.

More
7 years 8 months ago #1707 by cyrus.nk
Replied by cyrus.nk on topic toyota nze with 3zr engine
Was the throttle clean?y should the car have 50%engine load at idle?it's amazing guys!!!

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #1708 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic toyota nze with 3zr engine
50% at idle? :blink: I've seen as high as 20-25% on some domestic makes.

Are there any other driveability symptoms? I'd think you'd have to have an overreporting MAF, or a misadjusted TPS to get a high idle Load...
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Tyler.

More
7 years 8 months ago #1712 by Caritech
Replied by Caritech on topic toyota nze with 3zr engine
Throttle was clean as a whistle courtesy the Toyota dealer. It threw me off in the diagnosis but with research and Mitchell I found out it's normal.

More
7 years 8 months ago #1713 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic toyota nze with 3zr engine
So I ended up going through my records, looking for a US market Toyota with the same engine to compare to. Turns out, they don't sell the 3ZR-FE in the States :( Then I got annoyed at all the cool engines we don't get over here, but that's a different thread.

The closest I could find to that engine a 2.4L out of a Camry. Turns out, with the AC on, it actually did have a 38% Calc Load at idle. Higher than I expected :huh:

Also found a 1.8L 2ZR out of a Corolla. Similarly high-ish Load at idle, AC off.

Cyrus, do you recall which (if any) accessories were on when you saw the 50% Load?
Attachments:

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #1716 by cyrus.nk
Replied by cyrus.nk on topic toyota nze with 3zr engine
Ac was off and the car was hesitating at 60 kph.ltft was -7 and stft frustrating -3 to 3.no trouble code!
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by cyrus.nk.

Time to create page: 0.219 seconds