Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

chevy impala intermediate no start

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #1652 by Albee9
Ok Mother-in-law brings her car over to Autozone because of CEL they got no codes.
So she comes to me and asks if I could get codes from a relay or the ignition switch I tell her no.
So she tells me her CEL is on they got no codes and sometimes it acts like it won't start.
I try to start the car a few times and I confirmed what she said So I tell her to let me put my scan tool (Autel ds708) on it to see what it tells me.
So I do and get no codes I go to start the car and it won't start and disconnects the scanner.

any ideas?? Thank you in advance

P.S I also started the car by turning the key to crank and immediately let the key go.
I forgot It's a 2008 Chevy Impala 3.5L

P.P.S I know about the recalls
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Albee9.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #1654 by cheryl hartkorn
I would do an "auto scan" with the ds708. instead of just the ecm. I have the same scanner. let us know what you get.

More
7 years 8 months ago #1655 by Caritech
The car won't start if you hold it in crank vs a quick "snap" of the key? It cranks every time? At point of no start, what's missing (spark, fuel etc.)?

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #1657 by Albee9
I did an auto scan and the only codes I got were for air bag and A/C .

When I went to start the car it would not start and shut down the scanner it should not do that I should be able to start the car with the scanner hooked up.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Albee9.

More
7 years 8 months ago #1658 by Caritech
So on a crank the scan tool shuts off completely? If so, the ECM could losing power or ground causing a no start.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Albee9

More
7 years 8 months ago #1660 by Albee9
That's what I thought I'll check the ECM and see where that takes me

More
7 years 8 months ago #1679 by cheryl hartkorn
so when it doesn't "start" its a no crank? or A crank no start?? next time it happens id check for voltage on the s terminal of the starter with a test light. could just be a bad starter. if you have power put a starter in it.

More
7 years 8 months ago #1695 by Albee9
I wanna thank everyone for their help But I'm no longer fixing this problem.

Again Thank you

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds