Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2003 Hyundai Elantra Hood Misalignment

More
6 years 5 months ago #15886 by scarney
I have a 2003 Hyundai Elantra with a hood alignment issue. This is my first attempt at fixing any type of body issue. The hood on this car is in good alignment up by the windshield. However, as you move toward the front of the car, the hood raises up above the body on the sides. The raised height is about the same on each side of the car. I recorded a video of the hood. YouTube URL
. I don't really mind the cosmetic aspect of it, but the misalignment causes a nasty rattle at idle. YouTube URL
Any help on where to start with this kind of thing would be great. Thanks.

Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #15888 by arbez
There is usually a rubber bumper, on the core support at each front corner. They thread in & out to make adjustments at the front edge. They may need to be turned in (clockwise) a little? Are you sure the hood is latching fully? Not just latching to the safety? Corners look high, but the center looks OK. I would think that screwing the corner adjustments down would loosen things up & make things worse. Hood might be tweaked & need a little gorilla adjustment. Hard to say without being there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.211 seconds