Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

00 silverado with 4.3 engine hesitation on heavy acceleration

More
6 years 5 months ago #15866 by chris.arriazola
Looking at a 2000 Silverado with the 4.3 engine came in and already had the parts canon thrown at it. It has small hesitation on heavy acceleration in park Scan tool shows several cylinders misfiring randomly but only in heavy acceleration I went to the basics fuel pressure and did injector flow test everything looks good there has new cap and rotor new spark plugs new wires. Here’s what I’ve noticed if I unplugged the mass airflow sensor the truck runs great so had a used one laying around and still have the same problem. I’m trying to understand why it runs great with no massairflow The only code in memory is a o2 downstream sensor slow response code. What am I missing ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #15873 by Ben
Do you have live data capability? If so how many grams a second at idle and at wide open throttle 1st gear take off , also what do upstream oxygen sensors say at during wide open throttle run?

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

More
6 years 5 months ago #15877 by chris.arriazola
The up stream sensors show rich at wot. I can’t recall what we grams per second on the mass airflow sensor was let me check and I’ll get back to you

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds