Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2001 audi A6 2.7l turbo p1347 bank 2 cam/crank sensor signal out of sequence

More
6 years 4 months ago #15769 by johnathon.balderas
Scoped both cam sensors and crank sensors. Here is the waveforms I got
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #15798 by Tyler
Is the last picture taken from bank two? 'Cause it definitely looks advanced of the crank. :blink: The first picture (bank one?) looks much closer to the known good. It's strange to see timing belt jump advanced, but not impossible. How does it run?

More
6 years 4 months ago #15826 by johnathon.balderas
Yeah the last pic is bank 2. It runs fine it seems. I however didn't drive it just pegged the throttle a few times

More
6 years 4 months ago #15834 by Ben
It's been awhile since I was into the 2.7 but as I recall the cam sensor is on the exhaust cam and the cam gear is on intake cam and the vvt actuator moves a shoe up and down to change the position of the exhaust cam ,anyways that shoe was prone to failure... I would pull the valve cover and inspect that timing chain at the back of the head. I may be off on this like I said it's been a while since I was into the 2.7 . Also another easy check would be to line up your bank 1 cam gear to the timing mark and see if your bank 2 cam gear was on the mark (or at least within half a tooth) then you would know if it was belt or chain problem

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds