Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Volumetric Efficiency

More
6 years 5 months ago #15545 by naros812000
Dears,

I have been diagnosing BMW E70 2007 3.0 si. I need to know if this engine has good efficiency or not.

Here are some data for this purpose

WOT with vehicle stopped.

Calculated Load Value Max 82% Min 2.4
Absolute Load Value Max 48.6% Min 12.5
Airflow rate from MAF 35.65 g/s
Lambda Bank1 sensor1 0.85
Lambda Bank2 sensor1 0.84

for my understanding, this car has partially plugged exhaust coz calculated load isnt high enough to be over 85% and absolute load (intake pressure) is some what high 48.6% and maf is low. The engine is rich.

Is my diagnosis right?

Thanks for any clarification or comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #15562 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Re:Volumetric Efficiency
What is maf reading at warm idle?

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #15598 by juergen.scholl
Preferably do a road test. With the car not moving there might be rev limiting taking place, the throttle plate not opening complety etc....

Drive the vehicle while recording the related pids with a scan tool and afterwards input the collected data into a VE calculator - done!

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by juergen.scholl.

More
6 years 5 months ago #15623 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Volumetric Efficiency
Agree with Juergen, you'll need to go on a test drive to see the readings you want. A throttle snap while stopped won't cut it. :-(
The following user(s) said Thank You: naros812000

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds