Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2007 bmw 530i regulating lambda probe help

More
6 years 5 months ago #15403 by jaivs26
Hi everybody!

I need help with this one, i have a 2007 bmw 530i 3.0 with a code 2c3c (p2415) O2 sensor exhaust sample error ( Bank 2 sensor 1)
i'm new on testing this kind of O2 so i dont know where to start
i recently change the bank 2 sensor 1 due a P0050 open circuit on the heater and i replaced it with a dealer sensor
i cleared the codes and started the car and it runs fine but on the cold start the engines shakes for 5 to 10 seconds and after that runs smooth..
i can't find more information about this sensors besides the code description.. I'm using a snap-on solus ultra which has not info and to test the sensor i can use the veteran Vantage, I'm visiting my family for few days in the south of califonia my armery is at home so i'm limited in knowledge and equipment

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #15407 by naros812000
Hello mate,

To my experience on BMW x5 E70 petrol engine 3.0si, I had the same issue like yours with code of lean condition p0171 and p0174. After long search and understanding the operation of the engnine N52k, I found out that my disa valve stuck inside the intake manifold.

Causing the enginen rpm to fluctuate at cold start and began to normal operation after warming up.

Also check the ccv which affects air fuel mixture.

Hope you get what wanted

More
6 years 5 months ago #15409 by jaivs26
Thanks for the fast response! Did you have the same code for the sensor?

More
6 years 5 months ago #15411 by naros812000
I didnt have that code... this is common issue on bmw engine and Disa valve and CCV are main culprit for your issue.

If you have a scanner with actuation ability, try to actuate the disa valves to see them if they work properly or not.

Do you have a knocking or ticking sound from the engine? these sound are made by haf jammed or broken disa valve and cause rough idle, jerking rpm and poor gas milage.

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #15412 by jaivs26
i have the scanner but i don't know if a have that option .. i'll check later that .. also no engine knock,or ticking noise .. the car runs fine after few second from a cold start, the fuel economy is unknown but it has lots of power (i'm a Honda driver)
the main reason that we're addressing this issue is due the smog inspection.
i just took the spark plus out and looks bad the gap is over 0.65 inches
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by jaivs26. Reason: to attach a picture

More
6 years 5 months ago #15436 by jaivs26
so i change the spark plugs but i got no luck.. does anyone have the wiring diagram for the lambda sensors?

More
6 years 5 months ago #15437 by Andy.MacFadyen
With those spark plug gaps you are lucky the coil packs secondaries didn't get the insulation tracked by excessive kilo volts on the secondary but the symptoms aren't a good fit for an ignition issue. I would go with Naros's suggestion.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
6 years 5 months ago #15439 by TheTechWhisperer
Is this a new code that you did not have before replacing the sensor for the heater fault? If so, I would not go down a bunch of rabbit holes- any time a new symptom comes up you have to retrace your steps and not go any further. Did they give you the correct sensor? are you 100% sure it is seated correctly and tightened all the way? This is more of an exhaust leak type fault, so if it isn't completely tight you could be sucking air in at the sensor until the exhaust metals heat up and expand to seal it.

"You will always find the greatest fulfillment in life when you are operating in the gifts God gave you"- Dad

National Director of Technical Training & Mechanical Operations - Express Oil Change & Tire Engineers
ASE Master L1 Tech
BMW Master Tech
Ford FACT Advanced Electronics Instructor

More
6 years 5 months ago #15451 by jaivs26
Yes, this is a new code!
before i was getting the heater code. i swapped the sensors again with the old one and i'm getting the heater code only
when i went to the dealer i give them the vin and also i looked in internet for the part number and it matches with the one i got from the dealer

More
6 years 5 months ago #15452 by jaivs26
Yes, this is a new code!
before i was getting the heater code. i swapped the sensors again with the old one and i'm getting the heater code only
when i went to the dealer i give them the vin and also i looked in internet for the part number and it matches with the one i got from the dealer

More
6 years 5 months ago #15552 by jaivs26
here's and update!
i remove the intake to inspect the DISA under the intake and i found out that is missing 2 pieces of gasket.. the flaps on both valves does not have any movement but i can't test the valves when are removed from the intake..
do you guys know other way to test those valves outside of intake?

Here is a picture of the DISA
Attachments:

More
6 years 4 months ago #15640 by jaivs26
So i did change the Disa #2 under the intake but i'm still getting 2C28 and 2c2c code but what i did was scanned the car as GLOBAL OBD and is giving me a p0174 ..

when i first start the car the signal in the scanner and is maxed out to 5 volts and then goes to 2.8 Volts and same thing when i looked a the short fuel trims when i started the car it goes 29% and then 34% and after sew seconds it goes to 0%

my guess is that the O2 sensor is defective because i never got that code before i was just getting the P0050..

More
6 years 4 months ago #15667 by jaivs26
Let me tell you guys this car is driving crazy!
i was trying to figured out why the bank 2 is maxed out at start up on the scanner the o2 sensor reads 5.0 volts and short fuel trim reads 29 %
after 30 seconds or more the computer goes to a default strategy and ignores the bank 2 o2...
i remove the DISA number 1 the one is on top of the intake above the throttle body and started the car and the valve jut moved 10% but not all the way, so i went to youtube and found some videos and one guy opened with a razor blade so i did that and found out that it was full of oil,
so i need to replaced and i think i need to order oil separator..

Time to create page: 0.231 seconds