Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

power door locks

More
6 years 6 months ago #14982 by HD/MW Canada
I was wondering if anyone had an opinion about my door locks. they have a mind of their own. they try and lock or unlock repeatedly. only in the morning and only in the fall-winter-early spring. once the truck warms up they are good for the rest of the day. Every once in a while they do it thru out the day but not normally. The other thing I noticed is the little light bar under the park 'P' flashes with the locks. If you turn off the shift out park feature they seem ok. Been turned off for several days no problem, turned back on again and problem came back again. So here what I think moisture in a plug. Truck warms up no problem. drivers door switch was change still have the problem, assumed switch probably got wet (rain,snow). But with the auto feature off and no problem. BCM and wiring should be ok. have had no light under 'p' light. What if the park neutral switch was bad or had moisture in the plug sending false signal to engine ECM and BCM causing BCM to think i was rapidly shifting in and out of park! I do not have a scanner to see if you can see this feature in the engine ECM. Their is no direct wire from switch to ECM to check an input. OR could i watch pin 3 (back probe) at the neutral switch and see if it switches voltage. As I would assume the switch inside the neutral switch is opening and closing.

Truck is an 2007 yukon xl1500 5.3L.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #14983 by HD/MW Canada
Replied by HD/MW Canada on topic power door locks
sorry tried to included wiring diagram but its not showing up!

More
6 years 6 months ago #15003 by Chad
Replied by Chad on topic power door locks
Do ALL door locks go crazy?

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)

More
6 years 6 months ago #15004 by HD/MW Canada
Replied by HD/MW Canada on topic power door locks
yes they do. Truck is like its possessed. sometimes the manual latch does not move but you can hear the solenoids in the door click. either its happen to fast or they are wearing out because it happens a lot!

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds