Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Mazda 3 cam/crank waveform

More
6 years 6 months ago #14591 by rmcw1873
Hi a customer left his car today with the engine and dpf lights on for a diagnosis.Its a Mazda 3,year 2011. The engine is a 2.2 mzr-cd (high power) The fault code showing is a p1336-00 crankshaft/camshaft range performance.i have checked the sensors for good 5v and grounds and also for the signals from them.My thought is the timing chain is stretched but would need a known good cam/crank waveform to compare to mine.If anyone could help that would be great
Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #14601 by bruce.oliver
I don't have a waveform.

But what is the code set criteria for that code? I'm not familiar with it.

More
6 years 6 months ago #14602 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Mazda 3 cam/crank waveform
Yeah, I don't think we got that engine in the US. :-( The only time I've seen P1336 is on 3.0L engines with the cam phaser setup. A misalignment of the phaser set this code, so I think you're onto something with the timing chain slack.

More
6 years 6 months ago #14605 by bruce.oliver
No we don't and I dont see that code in service info for a Mazda 3 either

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds