Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2003 chevy ssr fuel gauge

More
7 years 8 months ago #1450 by cheryl hartkorn
started working on a ssr fuel gauge needle is pointed at the 6 o clock position at all times. looked in the verus no bi directional test for a gauge sweep. but looking in the data display under fuel level input it read 22% so that tells me the sending unit in the tank is fine. are these clusters hard to repair? if they are installing a new one isn't an issue. as I have programming capabilities

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #1451 by cheryl hartkorn
also had a 2000 grand prix the fuel level input read 58% rock the car sideways a little and it went up to 200% pegged the needle out to the stop on that gauge. tank need pulled to put a sending unit in? or do they have an access port?

More
7 years 8 months ago #1453 by Sergei
Replied by Sergei on topic 2003 chevy ssr fuel gauge
GM had lots of trouble with potentiometer in level sensor. If you can test the line it would help.You can replace just potentiometer itself if that's the case

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #1472 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic 2003 chevy ssr fuel gauge

cheryl hartkorn wrote: started working on a ssr fuel gauge needle is pointed at the 6 o clock position at all times. looked in the verus no bi directional test for a gauge sweep. but looking in the data display under fuel level input it read 22% so that tells me the sending unit in the tank is fine. are these clusters hard to repair? if they are installing a new one isn't an issue. as I have programming capabilities

Hey Cheryl, glad to see you on the new forums!

I've never tried doing gauge repairs on these clusters, only replacement. Given GM's track record for gauge problems, I'd probably opt for a replacement assembly.

No access port for the 2000 Grand Prix that I know of :( If you're gonna do just a potentiometer, you might scope the motor with a current probe, just to check for any obvious pump problems.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Tyler.

More
7 years 8 months ago #1473 by cheryl hartkorn
been pretty busy with the mobile work lately! especially with gm's had a Yukon last week had a serial data bus issue with no windows, mirrors, locks, adjustable pedals. needed a new drivers door module. seems like a basic test snap on left out on the gauge sweep test on the ssr though!

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #1476 by Tyler

cheryl hartkorn wrote: been pretty busy with the mobile work lately! especially with gm's had a Yukon last week had a serial data bus issue with no windows, mirrors, locks, adjustable pedals. needed a new drivers door module. seems like a basic test snap on left out on the gauge sweep test on the ssr though!

Ahhhhh, but where would we be without the steady work that GM's provide? ;)

No joke about the gauge sweep, I've been able to do that test as far back as 2001 on some trucks. Maybe try telling the scanner it's connected to a Silverado or a Sierra? I've had luck doing that with Isuzu's and Mazda's, looking for functions that should be there, bur aren't.

Any chance the Autel would have that function?
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Tyler.

More
7 years 8 months ago #1483 by cheryl hartkorn
autel prndl indicator test. with the tell tale illumination. that was it....

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #1527 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic 2003 chevy ssr fuel gauge

Maybe try telling the scanner it's connected to a Silverado or a Sierra?

I was think that myself! Try calling it a Trailblazer instead of an SSR.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Noah.

More
7 years 8 months ago #1530 by Tyler

Noah wrote:

Maybe try telling the scanner it's connected to a Silverado or a Sierra?

I was think that myself! Try calling it a Trailblazer instead of an SSR.

Ah yeah, those are based on the Trailblazer, aren't they? Listen to this guy!

Time to create page: 0.239 seconds