Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

07 Hyundai tucson p0340

More
6 years 6 months ago #14259 by Ephratah
Have a 07 Tucson 2.7 with p0340 customer did his own timing belt, replace cam sensor, crank sensor, car idles at 3,00 rpms if you unplug IAC idle goes down to 500 I have tried a different Iac and same result I think there are 2 different problems here. I pulled timing cover and reset timing belt it was off by 2 teeth it is now correct. I have found that there is a timing belt test built into the scanner and have found that if you start the car multiple times the timing shows up as correct but most of the time it fails the test. when it fails it appears as though the CKP T/WHEELS-LO CMP and the CKP T/WHEELS-HI CMP swap numbers Here is a screen shot of it failing

when it passes it looks like this can any one make any sense of this?
I hope you can understand what I am explaining it has me pulling my hair out and I dont have much left to pull out I have been bald for years L.O.L. .

Hitting it with a Hammer is worth $5 knowing where to hit is worth $40
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #14260 by Chad
Replied by Chad on topic 07 Hyundai tucson p0340
P0340 Is for Cam Positions Sensor CIRCUIT.

Have you check for Power on the White wire? A good ground on the Black wire?

Do you have access to a lab scope to check the 0-5v square wave on the Green/Blk wire? If not, you can roll the engine by hand. A volt meter should toggle 0v - 5v.

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)

More
6 years 6 months ago #14266 by Ephratah
Replied by Ephratah on topic 07 Hyundai tucson p0340
I have hooked the scope up and wave form is good for cam sensor what does not make any sense is how the 2 readings for the notches in crank and cam reverse with multiple starts of the engine. I am going to hook 1 channel to cam sensor then the other to crank sensor and see what shows up on scope.

Hitting it with a Hammer is worth $5 knowing where to hit is worth $40

More
6 years 6 months ago #14275 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic 07 Hyundai tucson p0340
Wow, I've never seen this timing belt test! :ohmy: I gotta try it the next time I'm doing one of these belts.

I'd love to see the cam/crank waveform, if possible. It almost sounds like one of the sensors is reversing polarity? I've heard of this happening to Hall effect sensors, but never seen it myself.

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds