Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

P0330 Ford F150

More
6 years 6 months ago #13812 by karim
P0330 Ford F150 was created by karim
Dears,

I am diagnosing a Ford F150 5.4L 2008 engine. The car runs smoothly until I speed up. The car shakes as RPM reaches between 70-80 MPH. I have code for knock sensor 2 P0330. Does this affect this shaky condition? What might be other causes?

Does bad knock sensor affect Transmission changing? I need to know what is affected by Knock sensor mainly.

This doesnt happen all the time.

Thanks for any information

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #13826 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic P0330 Ford F150
Hey karim! Personally, I'd ignore the P0330 for now. The knock sensor will change how the PCM advances (and retards) spark in response to engine knock. It has no impact on transmission shifting, and won't cause any driveability issues with a code set.

Any misfires counted in Mode $06? Your '08 is a CAN vehicle, so the misfires will be stored under TID $83. As with any 5.4L, ignition coils are highly suspect. ;-)

No offense meant, but if the shaking comes in at highway speeds, is it possible you're encountering a wheel balance issue?

More
6 years 6 months ago #13845 by karim
Replied by karim on topic P0330 Ford F150
Dear,

Thanks for your suggestion. If a coil is bad how come the pcm doesnt tell me?

If a coil is bad how come it only affects and jerks the vehicle only between 70-80 MPH? if I remove and press the pedal, the jerk will go away.

Any other hints?

Thank you

More
6 years 6 months ago #13866 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic P0330 Ford F150
Ford's are not always great at coding for misfires. :silly: It's easy to have Mode $06 counts with no code. Though, your symptom is kinda sounding like a wheel balance or driveline issue.

If the issue immediately disappears when you stop accelerating, then I'd suggest taking a good look at the driveshaft U-joints. A loose or binding joint can easily cause this kind of vibration.
The following user(s) said Thank You: karim

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
6 years 6 months ago #14024 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic P0330 Ford F150
I have experienced on Ford trucks with an A4WD setting on the 4x4 selector switch, what feels like misfire on acceleration due to one tire being either greatly worn compared to the other 3, or the wrong size all together.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds