Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2006 mini cooper s no start no crank clicking noise in inside car fuse

More
6 years 7 months ago #13709 by Ceja946
I have a finicky little 2006 mini cooper s. I had a no start the other day that was fixed by wiggling the R1 relay in the engine fuse compartment while it was being cranked over. Then it started several times over days. Then I took it for a drive parked it and 2 days later it has power the power steering pump is running non stop but it doesnt crank at all. Tried wiggling Relay no go then jumped 30 to 87 heard click inside at inside fuse for engine 10 amp red at Right 3 up from bottom but no starter engagement. Fiddled with fuse for engine inside car it makes clicking noise and causes light flutters. I think fuel pump to turn on and when I turn ignition the window will roll down alittle then wont go back up Freakin weird. I tried wiggling key when cranking no go. So what does clicking mean in fuse panel? I think it means power is present and its causing things lights to flutter and things to turn on off allso on the fucking wiper control right side steer o ng wheel the yellow light is blinlinking like a hazard I dont know where the hazards are. Anyways I dont get it it was working fine then just stopped. I want to put my ignition starter tool used for when your working by yourself but Im not positive where to put it I think its on the solenoid but Its a bitch to get to. I think the starter is fine and the fuses arent blown but the ignition switch is faulty.I think it can be replaced without causing anti theft problems or key programming and its fairly easy to do. My problem is that I dont know how to test ignition switch or use starter tool plus very hard access. Please Help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #13710 by Ceja946
I forgot to say I jumped the relay for starter and it made clicking at fuse inside car but no starter crank . Gracias amigos

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #13711 by Andy.MacFadyen
I think I would start by giving the starter a good whack or two often pre-engage starter can stick and a that will free it off but the fault will come back. If that dosen't work you need a volt meter or a test light to check the voltages at the starter.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

More
6 years 7 months ago #13714 by Ceja946
I just found out it was the DME relay that i tried to jump damn it I hope that doesnt hurt anything but it made the car start by wiggling it the other day and I found out the fuse in the car at foot panel is the ACS or Asc traction control.

More
6 years 7 months ago #13715 by Ceja946
Ok but why does the fuse inside click? Im pretty sure the starter its self is fine I dont know but it worked just fine.

More
6 years 7 months ago #13716 by Ceja946
Ohh my God ok . I now know that the fuse that click is for the DME. It does stop clicking when fuse is in I think but It does click when I wiggle the DME relay and when I was jumping the DME relay I thought it was the starter relay but I think the ignition switch is the starter relay urrghh.

More
6 years 7 months ago #13733 by Ceja946
Turns out it was the ground strap by the motor mount was shaken loose tightened it up and it fired right ip.

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds