Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Can-bus help

More
6 years 7 months ago #13061 by matt.white
Can-bus help was created by matt.white
Hello all. I'm not expecting many replies to this. In part because if I read it I'd have no useful input to add.
Anyway, I have a Holden commodore in at work (a Gm product) with a no Comms with any nodule on the high speed can. There's other comfort modules on a single Comms line system that talk ok. Sorry, I'm not sure of exact terminology yet.
Anyway, i check resistance at pin 6 and 14 and get 61 ohms. Ok so far. I scope the can h and l and the signal looks ok. I then try and do a system scan while scoping the canbus and the pattern goes very erratic. The wildest capture I have is the h and l almost trading places.
I'm very new to Comms faults but even so this one really has me stumped. I think if it was pulled low or was too high I'd have something to go with but I'm really lost on this.
There's also single Comms lines going to the dlc but I'm not sure which ones really matter. One of these is from the abs module and is fixed and 9 volts which doesn't seem right but disconnecting it makes the overall faults worse, not better.
For now, I'd even really appreciate some input on this canbus capture and even a link to further reading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #13062 by matt.white
Replied by matt.white on topic Re:Can-bus help
I have more info like fault codes. I'm happy to add to this if there's any interest. Just don't want to overload with useless info. I'm hoping the scope capture will ring a bell in someone's memory bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More
6 years 7 months ago #13260 by borntoroll
Replied by borntoroll on topic Re:Can-bus help
That is an interesting one. Show us the codes. Is it a no comm with scanner or it is no comm for the car too? Can the wiring for the can HI and LOW be compromised in a ny way? Maybe someone changed dlc connector or a connector to powertrain interface module? Did you try to unplug everything from 17 and 19 pin of powertrain connector and talk only to one module?

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds