Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Crank no start...I may have fried my computer

More
7 years 8 months ago #1318 by wyatt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #1323 by Rukerin
Did you try measuring the signal at the Ignition Control Module? I had the same problem yesterday on a Chevy and found the white and black wire was open , you could try continuity on the white and black wire that goes from the Ignition Control Module to the Coil. Hope this helps.

More
7 years 8 months ago #1324 by wyatt
Actually I didn't think to do that because this issue was so sudden I'm assuming I burned something up. Your right however, I shouldn't assume anything and will check that tomorrow. Thanks for that reminder.

More
7 years 8 months ago #1341 by wyatt
The video of the steps I took has been posted. I'm working on part two with the fix! Thanks for the help.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
7 years 8 months ago #1354 by Noah
Good video quality. Helps to see the steps you took during the diagnosis.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
7 years 8 months ago #1355 by wyatt
Thank you Noah. I have part two (and the fix) video ready. I'll post it here in hopes it will help others.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
7 years 8 months ago #1363 by Noah
Nice, always rewarding when they fire up :)
You could get more definition with the Vantage by using the "Waveform Viewer" function instead of the Multimeter function. From there you can set a shorter time base. Not that it was necessary in this instance, just for future reference.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
The following user(s) said Thank You: wyatt

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #5064 by wyatt
So after 5 months of fixing the crank, no start problem I now have a new issue. The truck will crank but will not start in cold weather. Back to the drawing board.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by wyatt. Reason: Realized I did in fact respond via a video to show the fix.

Time to create page: 0.280 seconds