Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2006 f150 misfire 5.4

More
6 years 8 months ago #12896 by keith
2006 f150 misfire 5.4 was created by keith
this trk has me messed up; sorry i'm going by memory for these codes P0345 P0349; something about cmp sensor 2; i can't even find a cmp sensor pid on my modis; this trk has a bad mis; has code p1000 also; it has a cmp sensor on the front of each head; i omh both sensors; they r the same; checked both with scope; they are the same; i can't figure out a way to hook up low amp probe to view coil firings; went to mode 6 and it dosen't show 8 cyl. there is $80 $81 $82 $83 $84; thats it, i don't understand this, tried global obd; found nothing as far as misfires; short of back probing each coil i don't know what to do next; thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #12906 by cheryl hartkorn
cylinder contribution test?? the 2006 should have a relative compression test and injector flow test in the scantool and takes about 5 minutes to do both.

More
6 years 8 months ago #12907 by cheryl hartkorn
also there is fuse 33 a 15 amp you can look at the coils but there are more than coils on that fuse so youll see other things to
The following user(s) said Thank You: keith

More
6 years 8 months ago #12908 by cheryl hartkorn
have you checked the variable valve timing for sticky solenoids a stuck solenoid will cause a vehicle to run horrible

More
6 years 8 months ago #12915 by keith
Replied by keith on topic 2006 f150 misfire 5.4
did relative compression test;0.0-0.2 on all

More
6 years 8 months ago #12916 by keith
how do I do that? I know the vct on the scantool drops out now and then; but where are the solenoids? checked both cam sensors with scope but that was only in shop and not under load; they both look the same; there r 3 humps then a space then 3 and space; I don't think this is cool either ? but they both look exactly the same

More
6 years 8 months ago #12920 by cheryl hartkorn
did you scope the coils yet?

More
6 years 8 months ago #12925 by matt.white
Replied by matt.white on topic Re:2006 f150 misfire 5.4
P1000 means it hasn't finished all drive cycles since the codes were cleared so you may have more pop up as you go but pretty much dismiss that for now.
We don't get those motors but google tells me it's a circuit code so you're looking for a signal not getting to the ecu or similar rather than whether it's all in time. Can you confirm the code description for me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More
6 years 8 months ago #12928 by keith
Replied by keith on topic Re:2006 f150 misfire 5.4
yes P0345 P0349; the signal is dropping out on both sides; and truck was low on oil; but I don't know where to go next; thank you

More
6 years 8 months ago #12935 by keith
only 5 & 6 ; I was trying to find out how to look at all of them at same time; I did these 2 individually ; will get truck back tomorrow; thank you

More
6 years 8 months ago #12937 by Tutti57
Replied by Tutti57 on topic Re:2006 f150 misfire 5.4
Low oil can impact vvt but probably not in this way.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #13337 by keith
I WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE FOR THEIR HELP; I guess what messed me up was I couldn't view misfire in mode 6; had to go to each cyl one at a time to view miss. and sometimes it wouldn't show up; I found that if I viewed misfire for this drive cycle I would give me a specific cyl. anyway ; this thing had 3 cylinders misfiring ; and when I went to change plugs I coarse one broke off in cyl. but its fixed and outta hear; thanks again
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by keith. Reason: this truck is fixed ; thank you

More
6 years 7 months ago #13383 by tomcat4370
Replied by tomcat4370 on topic Re:2006 f150 misfire 5.4
Change the oil.. A lot of the times the VCT's will act up if the oil is on the low pressure side... So a comprimised viscosity or the pump not getting it's mouth deep enough into the sump will cause lack of pressure at the sensor and cause all sorts of crazy issues

Time to create page: 0.235 seconds