Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Fuel trim question

More
6 years 8 months ago #12655 by Jbr7195
Fuel trim question was created by Jbr7195
Hello,
I have a question regarding fuel trims. I replace the cat and the upstream oxygen sensor. Connected to scan tool and the short term fuel trim is reading -8 to -15 and the long term fuel trim is reading 0 when idling. Why is the Long term fuel trim reading 0%. The car is 2002 altima 2.5.
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #12660 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Fuel trim question
For our info, which scanner are you using? Is this OEM data, or Global?

If you've cleared codes or disconnected the battery recently, then it's possible that the PCM simply hasn't entered the correct conditions to update the long term trims. If you haven't already, a test drive might get the long term moving.

It's also been my experience that Nissan 'Alpha' (their term for fuel trims) doesn't always translate well to Global data, hence why I asked earlier. ;-) Some Nissan models I've seen don't even show a Long Term PID on the OEM side. Or if they even have one, it never moves, making me wonder if it's a false PID. :unsure:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gjauto

More
6 years 8 months ago #12662 by Andy.MacFadyen
Replied by Andy.MacFadyen on topic Fuel trim question
It might be worth driving richer with brake cleaner or propane then driving it lean with a vacuum leak to see how it responds.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds