Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

[All done] 96 Jeep Grand Cherokee 6-Cylinder 4L Crankshaft rear main seal

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #12610 by just Chad
Well it looks like I get to put Into practice when I just learned,, you might want to replace the rear crankshaft seal if you haven't when you do an oil pan gasket. Otherwise you put it all back together ,, It may leak, which is pretty much what happened to me. With patient persistence, I shouldn't have to practice my screw extraction technique as well:lol: this isn't as much a repair question as it is a repair observation. And I thought if this reminds one person. My job is done, sometimes these things happen to everyone. File it under the category of time and unforeseen circumstances befall us all.

what's an equivalent to Loctite 518? (Aha I did figure out a question to ask)
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by just Chad.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #12635 by Gjauto
Did you have to remove the transmission for the oil pan gasket? If not I'd say its all good, more work and money. Dinosaurs will never let you down when you need work. Unless of course its the dreaded misdiagnosis, in that case have fun with the unpaid overtime. :)

More
6 years 8 months ago #12671 by just Chad
unfortunately, it's the family Jeep, pretty much our means of transportation looks like I got it fixed.. Everything's put back together all the gaskets and seals are not leaking out oil so I'll probably take it for a test drive tomorrow..

All I have left to do is install some champion plugs in the place of Bosch ones gapped at 60.000 ootherwise it drinks gas. often times, working for the people you love has many rewards..
Thanks for the reply

Time to create page: 0.225 seconds