Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

engine oil on Spark plug

More
6 years 8 months ago #12375 by karim
Dears,

A friend of mine has a Chevy optra 2011. I couldnt located it on my snap on verus. The car had a real rough Idle. After using obd ii and monitor TPS, I found out that the tps cant go over 68% while KOEO. I didnt have TPS wiring diagram to see voltage. I removed the COP and noticed

Cylinder 3 was half drowned in oil.
I did compression test guage, all the cylinder had 14 bars.

The TPS was covered in black oil. I cleaned it to make throttle move better. There were hoses going to the TPS that I didnt know what they were for.

Any help to understand the wiring diagram of of Optra? what these hoses do on TPS?

Thank you

Any answer is highly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #12378 by jmiller90
Replied by jmiller90 on topic engine oil on Spark plug
The hoses are most likely coolant hoses that pass through the throttle body. They aid in throttle body operation in cold environments. For wiring diagrams you can get them from Mitchell diy for a fee. Or free at bbb industries website.

More
6 years 8 months ago #12380 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Re:engine oil on Spark plug
I dont think we'll be any help on diagrams we didn't get an optra in the states.. follow the hoses and see where they go to help understand what there function is. Also the oil on the plug under the cop is caused by a leaking valve cover gasket

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #12393 by Andy.MacFadyen
The Optra is a rebadged Lacetti ---- or as they say here in thr UK "Oh that will be the Daewoo"

You need to find the cause of the oil on the plug first, check for spark -- if it is cassette ignition you can usually check the spark all 4 plugs at once.

Just because you have good compression you cannot completely eliminate a piston ring problem the oil control ring dosen't contribute much to sealing compression pressure.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

More
6 years 8 months ago #12395 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Re:engine oil on Spark plug
Just to clarify the oil was found between the spark plug and the coil filling up the plug cavity not in the cylinder correct?

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds