Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2003 Chrysler Town & Country 3.8 V6 No crank, No Start Issue

More
6 years 8 months ago #12349 by Mechanic 350
I have this issue with this car. Go to start and nothing.
checks:
battery good
starter relay good
asd relay good
red wire from battery to starter good
load side feed wire to starter, continuity check good.

ignition wire coming from inside of vehicle to fuse block, good.

but here is another kicker, my modis wasn't communicating with vehicle computer.
and number two, after a while, vehicle started and after 5 minutes or so, the vehicle would turn off on its on.
after vehicle started, checked all this vitals on the modis and everything looked good on the modis.

I spent 8 hours on my friends car trying to figure out this gremlin. Can anyone shed some light on this issue?
thanks guys.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #12352 by cheryl hartkorn
does the engine crank when jumping the starter relay with a jumper wire?? could you communicate with any other module when you couldnt communicate with the ecm??

More
6 years 8 months ago #12360 by Mechanic 350
I was able to bypass the ignition switch and turn the engine thru the starter relay.
No I could not communicate with any other ecm.
I'm going to recheck voltage coming out of the ignition switch again to make sure.
And by the way when I had the charger connected to the battery, and the modis unable to talk to ecm, the minivan experienced some sort of electrical surge coming thru the fuse block. It was weird. At that very moment, the modis was able to communicate with the ecm. I'm stuck like chuck cheryl.

More
6 years 8 months ago #12370 by Tyler

And by the way when I had the charger connected to the battery, and the modis unable to talk to ecm, the minivan experienced some sort of electrical surge coming thru the fuse block. It was weird. At that very moment, the modis was able to communicate with the ecm.

No offense, but are you sure you're not just dealing with a battery connection issue? Just trying to think of things that might have changed when you had the charger connected. :lol:

The next time you get the ECM to not communicate, I'd be tempted to go after PCM powers and grounds.
The following user(s) said Thank You: david.nelson

More
6 years 8 months ago #12404 by Mechanic 350
OK I will double check everything again thank you Tyler

Time to create page: 0.227 seconds