Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

P0507 and RPM Idle high

More
6 years 8 months ago #12337 by Pyro Ethics
Auto is 2004 nissan sentra 1.8. Hi guys, so ive been trying to learn my stft and ltft readings from my car ever since this code P0507 showed up. Here how it started.

The first sympton was car was shutting off after starting many times even trying to hold idle after 10+ crank vehicle finally starts. It does this for 2 weeks or so. Then, I notice my car is starving for fuel when it keeps dying on the road, but there was no DTC present. So I did some research cause I dont want to jump to fuel pump. I cleaned my MAF thinking that would solve the problem.

After cleaning nothing changed, so I replaced the MAF thinking it was a bafld sensor. After doing so, nothing changed. So I cleaned the ETB thinking my throttle body was dirty. After cleaning DTC shows everything was high!! Rpm, bank idle high even o2 sensor code came up. So i figured I must've damage the actuator by cleaning it. So i replaced the ETB. After replacing, I releaned the throttle position, the car idle fined and started fine. Went for a test drive and car stop at the middle of an intersection and would no longer start.

Went to a shop and they said bad fuel pump. So they claimed they replace the "fuel assemble" but I notice the o2 sensor is new and it wasnt before. So after picking from shop car runs fine. 2 days after got the code P0507 High idle RPM.

So I relearned the ETB again 3 times just incase it was just that. And nothing changed. Also I notice when I turned off my ac while in park or neutral the car would stop sometimes.

So I pulled my data stream and this were my datae if stft and lftf and o2 sensor.

@ Idle stft is at 25% and ltft is at 11.7%, o2 sensor is jumping between 430-550 mv.

@ 2500/3000 RPM the stft went to 0% fluctuating in the positive number and ltft went to 10.7% and the o2 sensor went down to 200-300 mv which from my research it got a vaccuum leak?

I tried water testing leak and did not find the source.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #12373 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic P0507 and RPM Idle high
Hey Pyro Ethics! What scanner are you using to do the relearn and scan data? I'd be happy to look at your data captures if you have any.

Just to be clear, as far as the throttle relearn, are you performing the Idle Air Volume Learn? Or just the APP and TPS position relearns?

For our info, what region are you in? I ask because the Sentra never got the 1.8L in the US, so I'm looking up info as a Versa instead. :lol: I think your O2 numbers are kinda confusing because your Sentra doesn't use a regular O2, but an air/fuel ratio sensor. The readings you're seeing are a kind of 'interpreted' value based on the signal from the A/F sensor, which does NOT switch like a regular O2. If your scanner shows you any sensor PIDs related to current, that'd be more accurate than relying on the voltage PID. ;-)

More
6 years 8 months ago #12399 by Pyro Ethics
Replied by Pyro Ethics on topic P0507 and RPM Idle high
I will get the photos loaded later today. Im using a creader 8001 and im in las vegas I think my engine is 1.8. ill take much info, now it make sense why my o2 reads like that. Didnt know the difference between o2 and air fuel ratio.

Now Im just tryong to relearn the IAC not the whole ECU.ill take pictures of the freeze frame and data stream and post it here

More
6 years 8 months ago #12450 by Pyro Ethics
Attachments:

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #12451 by Pyro Ethics
Those are the codes right now
The bpttom reading for short term and long term is at idle warm engine ac off on the previous photos.
Not this one.
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Pyro Ethics.

More
6 years 8 months ago #12452 by Pyro Ethics
The 3 pictures above is the idle at ac on. The pictures below is at 2500 rpm with ac off
Attachments:

More
6 years 8 months ago #12453 by Pyro Ethics
And when the ac is on and yes the sentra is a 1.8s
Attachments:

More
6 years 8 months ago #12454 by Pyro Ethics
And when the ac is on and yes the sentra is a 1.8s

Time to create page: 0.253 seconds