Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2006 volkswagen Passat 2.0l turbo Parking Brake Warning Light Flashing

More
6 years 8 months ago #12257 by jcsloan
This is my Nephews everyday vehicle and for the past week or so his Parking brake flasher and chime are constantly going off while driving. Very annoying for his long commute to work. I have the wiring diagram for the electronic parking brake system and checked all the fuses listed. All checked OK. Checked the brake fluid level and that checked out OK. Removed the rear tires and while on jack stands had him apply the parking brake while the vehicle was running. The drivers side motor engaged and released the caliper when commanded. The passenger side motor seams to be not working and looks to have a crack in the housing where it bolts to the caliper. The caliper works when applying the brake pedal and the pads on both sides have plenty of meat left. Can I assume then that I have a bad motor. Are there any tests I can do on the motor circuit for that caliper to verify a fault with the motor before replacing it. Thanks in advance for any help.

The reason I"m here . . . 1999 Ford F150 4.2L 2wdr w/300,000+ miles

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #12463 by jcsloan
any help appreciated.

The reason I"m here . . . 1999 Ford F150 4.2L 2wdr w/300,000+ miles

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds