Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2000 Chevy S-10 Pickup Hard Starting

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #12117 by wstar55
I have a 2000 Chevy S-10 Pickup with the 2.2L engine. The issue I am having is that it has a long crank time and rough idle when the engine is warm but starts right up when the engine is cold. I attached a pressure gauge to the schrader valve port just before the fuel rail and I am only reading 33 psi with key on and engine off. Also the about the same reading with engine running. I haven't done a pressure test with the return line pinched which I thought would determine whether I have a faulty pressure relief valve or faulty fuel pump. Am I on the right track here?
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by wstar55.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #12160 by Ben
Yes you are on the right track you need to block the return line and retest. I don't remember what spec I'd for this but I'm sure it's higher than that can you confirm spec?

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

More
6 years 8 months ago #12188 by wstar55
Fuel pressure spec is 41 to 47 psi. Any good recommendations on how I can pinch off or plug the return line? It is all either steel tubing or plastic hose and I definitely can't pinch off either of those. Some kind of plug that goes right into the quick release fitting is all I can think of.

Time to create page: 0.216 seconds