Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

P303 circuit malfunction..cylinder misfire

More
6 years 8 months ago #12024 by Ken
1997 jeep grand cherokee 5.2litre..Changed #3 injector, spark plug, and wires. Upon disconnecting plug from injector I noticed bare wires from connector plug touching just behind connector plug. Separated wires and taped and proceeded to change injector. Code still present. Please help. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #12032 by Andy.MacFadyen
Hi Ken Welcome :-) I am going to move your question into the Repairs Question section where it will attract more replies.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
6 years 8 months ago #12033 by Andy.MacFadyen
First question is it a constant dead cylinder misfire at idle or do you feel under heavy or light acceleration?

With a constant misfire the first check is check for spark and injector pulse on that cylinder.

You can use a normal tungsten bulb test to test for spark and injector pulse on that cylinder

More
6 years 8 months ago #12063 by Ken
More testing this evening reveals Open circuit #3 cylinder. multimeter reads 12.7-13+ volts on one wire and 0 on other wire while engine running as did test on #1 injector. Notice engine change when unplugging each injector on that side except for #3. My pcm has three connector plugs and I'm lost as to which pins are for #3

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #12069 by Andy.MacFadyen
I don't know these engines but the first step is identify the colours of all the injector control wires -- if the injector wiring harness plugs into the main wiring harness check for continuity and control on the no3 injector control wire at this point. Then do the same at the engine computer
Normally on most vehicles the injector control wires are located right next to each other on the engine computer plug.
Be aware the wire can change colour at the connector between the engine harness and the main loom.
See this thread by Tyler for where to obtain an wiring diagram.

Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds