Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

03 saturn vue 3.0L O2 sensor problem

More
6 years 9 months ago #11826 by randy.martin
Bank 1 downstream O2 sensor problem. My parts changer techs read a code and installed a new sensor (in the wrong spot, changed the bank 2 sensor, gotta love parts changers) told em to change out the right one and let me know if it fixed it. Still didnt work. Scan tool with koeo shows what appears to be a bias line of 455mv on all O2 sensors. Koer and bank 1 downstream stays at 450. Unplugged is the same as well. Unplugged put 12v to the signal wire (purple white) and no change on the scan tool. Suspected open in the wire. Tugged on it and doesnt break. Taken off the conduit and did visual inspections (looks good, no visible damage or green cruddies). I must have missed something but im over here scratching my head. Oh and a new sensor has been installed in the right location already

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #11827 by Nandor69
Check it at the ecm and see what you get

More
6 years 9 months ago #11840 by randy.martin
I double checked the voltage on the signal wire. Koeo and unplugged reads about 430mv. That would suggest that the wire is good and point me in the direction of bad computer. And idk what changed but scan tool will actually spike intermittently. Not by much. Only to about 470 480mv

More
6 years 9 months ago #11841 by cheryl hartkorn
backprobe the wire at the pcm and read it with a dvom and compare it to the scanner. if the meter shows normal o2 readings then the scanner stays at 450 then id suspect the pcm for sure

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds