Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Crank no Start

More
6 years 9 months ago #11708 by Bonham
Crank no Start was created by Bonham
Hi everyone, I'm working on a 1991 Nissan 300zx twin turbo with a Cranks but no start situation. I have fuel pressure at fuel filter of approximately 40psi, have spark at the plugs, and vehicle wants to start when you spray starting fluid in the intake. Car has not run in years, my sons car, and appears to be a fuel related problem. when it did run before fuel pump was replaced white smoke from tailpipe. I need to verify if injectors are spraying fuel and if pressure between filter and injectors. Any help would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #11716 by Andy.MacFadyen
Replied by Andy.MacFadyen on topic Crank no Start
How old is the fuel in the tank ? It may be you need to get fresh fuel through to the fuel rail, also take the spark plugs out and put a few drops of oil down the plug holes and spin the engine over with the plugs out before trying to start it.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
6 years 9 months ago #11720 by ScannerDanner
Replied by ScannerDanner on topic Crank no Start

Andy.MacFadyen wrote: How old is the fuel in the tank ? It may be you need to get fresh fuel through to the fuel rail, also take the spark plugs out and put a few drops of oil down the plug holes and spin the engine over with the plugs out before trying to start it.

Agree with Andy on that question. Very possible the old gas has also caused your injectors to stick as well. This may explain your white smoke when it did run (injector stuck open) and now they are not spraying at all.
Did the white smoke smell like raw fuel?
Are the plugs fuel fouled?
Before you go crazy. Let's address Andy's question first. This will dictate your next move.

Don't be a parts changer!

More
6 years 9 months ago #11742 by Bonham
Replied by Bonham on topic Crank no Start
Thanks for responding! I did purge old fuel from tank to fuel filter but not on rail. I would like to install pressure gauge after fuel regulator and damper to make sure I have good fuel pressure to the injectors and purge fuel on rail or can I install pressure gauge on return line at fuel pump that would tell if we have throughput on whole system.
Smell of exhaust, don't recall. Injectors not real easy to get at. We do have a complete blown motor for parts though.
Thanks

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds