Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

07 Chevy Colorado

More
6 years 9 months ago #11548 by lupasmagnus
07 Chevy Colorado getting a left front wheel sensor error don't remember the code replaced front hubs left and right front sensors left and right making sure left sensor went to left side and right sensor went to right side I included two attachments screenshot I have no wiring diagrams 07 Chevy Colorado 2.9 L two-wheel drive standard suspension I did use my lab scope had good signals where I back probed at the wheel speed sensor connected to the chassis electrical harness
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #11567 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic 07 Chevy Colorado
Ugh, I hate the hubs on these trucks. :angry: :lol: Definitely not one of GM's better designs.

Is there any chance of an air gap problem on the LF? I ask because I know how these sensors mount on the bearing, and it's very easy to not fully seat the sensor mounting, resulting in an air gap issue. A quick visual on both front sensors might show a difference between the LF and RF. Not saying you screwed it up! Just been there, done that. ;)

If you have the opportunity to scope the front wheel speed sensors again, you might try using the Frequency mode in the Graphing Multimeter on the Verus. This might show a glitch in the signal, compared to looking at the raw signal on the Lab Scope. A frequency glitch might be down to a defective tone wheel on your replacement hub.

More
6 years 9 months ago #11736 by carguy123
Replied by carguy123 on topic 07 Chevy Colorado
sounds like it is further up the harness if i understand u have good signal at left wheel w/ scope, is that correct? and the code was for that side before u replaced the hub, did scope the old hub at the wheel before you replaced it? good luck!

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
6 years 9 months ago #11818 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic 07 Chevy Colorado
Are those pictures of scan data? The LF is awful glitchy. Did that show up on the scope too? I second Tyler's suggestion, wanting to verify air gap and tone ring integrity.
If that all checks out, I know Chevy liked to mount the abs modules on a frame rails under the truck for just about everything. Not a great home for electronics in my opinion, but what do I know?
A visual inspection of the connector and module, then check the signal from the wheel in question right at the module may be in order.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds