Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

04 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 02 P0038

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #11531 by priceton.braswell1
The pcm is throwing a code for the heater circuit high downstream bank 1. I checked the signal return on the bank 2 downstream and their was a few squarewaves at ken on engine off and then constant squarewaves as soon as i started the engine. the side that the code was for had a sqarewave that was dropping out at key on engine off and nothing at key on engine on. this is a power side switched pwm circuit. Ive attached a picture of the squarewave dropping to zero. this is my first scope and im sort of confused. to me it seems like the key on engine off pattern is a test that is failing and the the the dropping out causing it is either a short to ground on the wire or a bad pcm shorting the circuit? Am i right at all? the 02 has been replaced
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by priceton.braswell1. Reason: pic upside down

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #11735 by carguy123
I just looked at mitchell diagram and it looks like the pwm lines are on only on bank 2 o2 sensors... ck. it out, it maybe a misprint. & don't know why Dodge would do this. But if its legit it may explain why your getting drop out from bad heater or circuit wiring, good luck!

More
6 years 9 months ago #11804 by The Auto Tech
check the wires, they tend to rub through near the front drive shaft. an intermittent short can cause what you're seeing on the scope.

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds