Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

hyundai tucson 2.0 CRDI 2 liter diesel engine, cranking no start condition

More
6 years 9 months ago #11406 by dzof
Hi,
So I have this hyundai tucson 2008, 2 liter diesel engine, cranking no start,
I tested the crank signal, it's ok
Good pressure at common rail sensor, there is fuel.
I did the injector test pulse, with a test light and no pulse, I checked the wiring between the ECM and the injectors, no problem ...
No DTC errors, no immobiliser faults.... So my diagnosis was a bad ECM, I send it to a guy who can test it, and his says that there is no problem, the ECM work fine... after I did all this work, the customer told me that just before the no start condition, the alarm turned on and won't go off, then cut off by itself ... the alarm is genuine hyundai, the alarm don't work anymore. Can the alarm cut the injection off? can someone help me with a wiring diagram. how can I bypass the alarm, if it's broken?
thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #11420 by Ben
I wasn't aware of a diesel Tucson this must not be a us model?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

More
6 years 9 months ago #11423 by dzof

Ben wrote: I wasn't aware of a diesel Tucson this must not be a us model?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

It's european model,
Updates: I fixed the alarm issue, a bad hood switch. Still same problem crank and no start, no injector pulse.

Envoyé de mon CAM-L21 en utilisant Tapatalk

More
6 years 9 months ago #11427 by matt.white
You can see rail pressure in live data or you're just seeing fuel come out of a pipe and assuming it has pressure? It may not pulse the injectors until it has rail pressure. Also be careful using a test light on crd injectors. They may be a piezo style which I would be very careful with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More
6 years 9 months ago #11434 by dzof

matt.white wrote: You can see rail pressure in live data or you're just seeing fuel come out of a pipe and assuming it has pressure? It may not pulse the injectors until it has rail pressure. Also be careful using a test light on crd injectors. They may be a piezo style which I would be very careful with.

I can see both of them, I can tell there was a good pressure. but i can't really remember how much. How would you proceed if you were me.

More
6 years 9 months ago #11453 by matt.white
I'm just replying to say I'm not ignoring you. I can't really offer much sorry. If it has cam and crank input, no codes, good fuel pressure and powers and grounds it should go. I can't see a MAF or coolant temp or something stopping it from going.

I'm sorry. I am thinking about it. I'm just not sure at this stage.

More
6 years 9 months ago #11454 by dzof

matt.white wrote: I'm just replying to say I'm not ignoring you. I can't really offer much sorry. If it has cam and crank input, no codes, good fuel pressure and powers and grounds it should go. I can't see a MAF or coolant temp or something stopping it from going.

I'm sorry. I am thinking about it. I'm just not sure at this stage.

Thank you for replying, this what I was telling myself it should go. Yesterday after few long crank, to see if any code came, for one time a p0340 camshatf circuit malfunction came, and I couldn't duplicate it, do you think it's enough to put a new cam sensor in the car?

More
6 years 9 months ago #11655 by matt.white
I wouldn't suggest replacing the sensor based purely on the code. Do you have a scope to check for cam signal? The cam signal missing would definitely stop it from running. I honestly thought about suggesting had you checked it. Is it a 2 wire vrs or 3 wire Hall effect?

More
6 years 9 months ago #11700 by matt.white
How'd you go?

More
6 years 9 months ago #11732 by ScannerDanner
Can you check that style of injector for a pulse a test light?

Don't be a parts changer!

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds