Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

08 Silverado 1500 no start

More
1 month 5 days ago #65209 by Ncarroll75
Hello my name is Nicholas and I've got an 08 Silverado 1500 5.3 V8 that has ignition interlock installed.  I've got a no-crank no-start and  don't have any codes on the small obd I used and I've been through all the fuses and relays. I replaced 2 relays (run-crank and starter). I've had the interlock company come and check their equipment and they said it's all good on their end.  I've changed the ignition switch and reset the anti-theft system and that's working fine now. I'm not sure if its a bcm or ecm but im at a loss!!!  Please help with any suggestions.  unfortunately the interlock locks me back out tomorrow so its extremely time sensitive. Thanks for any help suggested. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
1 month 4 days ago #65221 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic 08 Silverado 1500 no start
The interlocks are a pain the ass....
Did you do any voltage checks at the starter?

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
1 month 4 days ago #65226 by Ncarroll75
Yes I did a voltage check I'm getting 12 volts down there. I've actually jumped the system and can get it to crank but the truck won't start. I did some 5 volt checks on a couple of different sensors, and all have 5 volts with a couple having 12 volts. I also checked all the relays and everything seems to be good there as far as 12 volts on the control and on the feed. So I'm just at a loss

More
1 month 4 days ago #65227 by Ncarroll75
I've watched a ton of the scanerdanner YouTube videos and basically followed everything he has done but can't seem to come up with a running truck. I've had the interlock company\tech even come to my house and try and diagnose it only to have them come back scratching their head. If anybody has any answers that can help me please feel free to call me at 608-501-9079.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
1 month 4 days ago #65230 by Lupe
Replied by Lupe on topic 08 Silverado 1500 no start

you probably need a wiring diagram , maybe get alldata for a month on your truck. you did the jump starter test so thats good , batt. and starter. its probably wiring on your small s wire on starter ,back to ignition to also park n/switch good luck oh was the key on when you jumped starter ?

More
1 month 4 days ago #65231 by Ncarroll75
Yes the key on and when I jumped it, I also tried starting it in neutral as well. The one thing that also isn't happening is my steering wheel isn't locking anymore

More
1 month 4 days ago #65232 by Ncarroll75
The other thing is when I do jump the starter it turns over but won't start or run

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
1 month 3 days ago #65237 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic 08 Silverado 1500 no start
Is there any codes set in the BCM or ECM? Any modules not communicating that should be?

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
1 month 3 days ago #65241 by Chad
Replied by Chad on topic 08 Silverado 1500 no start

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

Time to create page: 0.235 seconds