Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2020 kia sorrento 3.3 code p0087

More
1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 1 week ago #65051 by gerber
  Hello guys   .   I got this code. P0087.  Low fuel pressure.   First thing i  did. Was check data.   I put the picture down here.       After i disconnect the fuel line  the one come from the fuel tank  to the high pressure pump.   And try to start. The kia. But there is no fuel. Come out of the fuel line .  I check the fuse for the fuel pump. And its good.  I went. To. Check power and grounds. At the in tank fuel pump.  But.  Its like 9 wires. And i not sure how the module on top the pump works. Any help i will appreciate.  
Attachments:
Last edit: 1 month 1 week ago by gerber.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #65052 by crasher88
need a wiring diagram if you can get one. My guess would be the fuel pump is a module on the can network. 2 wires(power and ground for module itself), 3 wires for fuel level sensor, 2 wires to the pump itself(power and ground, its more than likely an electronic returnless with a PWM pump), and 2 wires for CAN hi and low. If you checked powers and grounds the pump and/or module is bad and needs to be replaced. Did you actually load test the powers and ground? High current loads need good dummy loads to stress the circuit.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
1 month 1 week ago #65056 by Noah
Pin 9 black and pin 10 pink are ground and power to the integrated fuel pump module.
Pin6 orange and pin 1 grey are the wires for the level sensor
Pins 2, 4 & 5; blue, pink & orange are for the fuel pressure sensor also mounted to the pump module.
Pin 8 black and pin 3 white are data communication.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
The following user(s) said Thank You: juergen.scholl

More
1 month 1 week ago #65061 by gerber
Thank you for  taking the time to respond.   
 There is any way to test. This. Fuel pump.   ?
my scanner only. Works. Up to 2018.   Won let me recognize. The vin number.   So wont give me too many option.  Like active.  Or turn on.    

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
1 month 1 week ago #65083 by Noah
As crasher88 mentioned, you can load test the power and ground with a headlamp bulb or something similar. If the bulb lights brightly when the fuel pump relay is energized, then I think it's safe to say the pump is done for.
With the control module and pressure sensor built into the pump, I don't think there's really anything else to check.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 1 week ago #65085 by gerber
Hello.    I use a power prove 3 to check the pink wire.    At the fuel pump module. Is this enough to confirm a bad fuel pump.     Check the video.   Thanks again.  
Attachments:
Last edit: 1 month 1 week ago by gerber.

More
1 month 1 week ago #65087 by juergen.scholl
No, this is not enough to condemn the pump,

As Noah stated the pink wire is related to the (low) fuel pressure sensor. You will have to make sure power feeds and grounds to the module/pump are ok.

I don't doubt you checked it allready, but is there actually fuel in the tank? I've see stranger things happen...

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
1 month 1 week ago #65088 by gerber
Ok. Pin 10. At the fuel pump module Is. The pink wire. Thats the one. Should be 12 volts. So. I put 12v. On that wire and the kia start right up. So the problem is. The ecm not grounding the fuel pump relay. Or. The relay is bad. Do you know where i can get. The. Wiring diagram for it.

More
1 month 1 week ago #65090 by gerber
Do you guys know where i can get  the electric diagram. For.   The fuel system.   Now. I need to know.   Which whire is the ground signal from the ecm  to the fuel pump relay.  If the ecm is sending the ground signal to the relay.  Because  the relay is not getting active to send power to the pump. Then the problem is the relay. Which.   Is the all fuse box.    Im using this diagram from 2018. But is not the same.   
Attachments:

More
1 month 1 week ago #65091 by juergen.scholl
The load side of the fuel pump relay gets power from the 20A "fuel pump fuse".

The control side of this relay gets power from the 10A "sensor 3 fuse".

The relay is ground side control and the control wire runs to the pcm connector "C 300 K", connecting to pin 33.

There is another connector "EC11" in between relay and pcm where the wire color changes from green (coming from the relay) to yellow before reaching the pcm.

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

More
1 month 1 week ago #65093 by gerber
Do you have the diagram. Because the one i showed at the las post is for 2018. And its not the same. For the 2020 thank you

More
1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 1 week ago #65094 by juergen.scholl
The description of fuses and terminal numbers I gave in my last post are from the 2020 diagram. I'll look how to upload it tomorrow.

Attachments:
Last edit: 1 month 1 week ago by juergen.scholl.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, gerber

Time to create page: 0.283 seconds