Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Onboard Spyware

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #64918 by Pcat
Onboard Spyware was created by Pcat
New 2023 Traverse LS comes standard with OnStar 4G service. I don’t want OnStar (spyware) on my vehicle in any shape or form. Obviously the simple forms of disconnection (canceling, unplugging fuses, etc.) is not what I’m looking for here. Both OnStar and Sirius satellite have built in onboard clandestine tracking and monitoring capabilities. Both collect and transmit your personal information and data to secret servers without your permission or knowledge even when CANCELLED and you don’t have use of the services.
The Vehicle Control Interface Module (VCIM) has 4G built into the system. A system YOU can’t use or access. It transmits your personal data every 24 hours up to a secret server without your knowledge or permission. All auto data, driving habits, and even your cell phone text when using the hands free modes are permanently recorded (Recent news reports show secret servers are selling data to your insurance companies to jack your rates up, and law enforcement illegally recording conversations from inside the car).
Simple disconnecting of anything doesn’t work, the radio (module) pings the VCIM constantly until it answers or literally kills the battery. (this system is more computer than car now).
Does anyone know how to bypass or hack the VCIM to kill these features without interfering with normal operating functions? You just can’t unplug anything (transceiver or antennas) because the VCIM is imbedded into dozens of systems which cause major OBD2 errors everywhere.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
1 month 2 weeks ago #64933 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Onboard Spyware
If you don't like the features, why did you buy the car?
There's plenty of other cars that need to be tracked the old fashioned way. You know, with security cameras on light poles at every intersection that you can't avoid, or with the phone you carry on your person everywhere you go.
I think as long as you and your Traverse don't plan on sneaking through military bases or murdering hitch hikers, Sirius XM will probably leave you alone.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #64934 by Pcat
Replied by Pcat on topic Onboard Spyware
Exactly, I don’t know either. Thank you

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #64938 by ontheriver
Replied by ontheriver on topic Onboard Spyware
I crank up the volume on the 8 track player and sing along to John Denver songs, if they want to listen? Have at it, lol. Sorry, I couldn't resist

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #64939 by Pcat
Replied by Pcat on topic Onboard Spyware
Yeah, I’m gonna put that under plan B. Thank you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds