Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Ford sport trac rough idle and stall

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #64909 by NoCuleWhatImDoing
I’ve got a 2003 ford sport trac. Gives bank 1 and 2 too lean. It only has 3 o2 sensors and one of them shows no voltage it’s the third and it’s down stream. It stalls out if your driving and it idles too low ie. turning in a parking lot. It idles rough all the time. If you disconnect the battery and re connect it the problem goes away for about 50-100 miles. New MAF sensor, TP sensor, air filter, fuel pump, fuel filter, plugs and wires. That was all for needed maintenance but this has been a problem for several months.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #64915 by Tyler
Since you've got lean faults, I'd suggest starting with observing your fuel trims. Short and long term on both banks, at idle and 2,500 RPM. During parking lot maneuvers or during the rough idle would be even better.

What the trims are and how they behave will help you narrow down your suspect list. Let us know what the trims are and we can help you further!

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #64919 by NoCuleWhatImDoing
Short term is 7.0% - 20% and long term is 24 -25 % one of my o2 sensors has no voltage on the live data, I noticed that today. But it’s rusted in and stuck as heck so I’m trying to do every thing but take it out

My email is spcpine1166@gmail.com if you send me an email I can get you pictures of how bad the rust is. Not sure if that’ll destroy one. But as far as fuel trim it looks like Chinese to me. I’m new to using this fancy code reader. It tells me too much sometimes lol

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #64950 by NoCuleWhatImDoing
New code I’m getting is p0011

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds