Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

P0087 00 fuel rail system pressure too low

More
2 months 1 day ago #64787 by passdatvw
2013 VW passat 2.0 TDI CRKA having low fuel pressure issues. Starts after driving for approximately 16 miles. Loses power goes into limp mode with glow plug signal flashing.  If I turn car off, and back on, will run fine for while then does same. 

Have replaced fuel pressure sensor, fuel metering valve and fuel pressure regulator valve . No improvement.  

Hpfp is clean as in no metal when taking metering valve off. 
Just looking for some guidance, process to check/test different components to try and find problem . The lift pump I can hear when turning key on and I can hear it turn off when turning car key off. 

I have vcds scanner tool. Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 day ago #64788 by Lupe
most fuel presure codes are high p pump not working , check that, or by pass it. check and good luck

More
2 months 1 day ago #64795 by passdatvw
Thanks. That's where I get lost a bit; how to go about checking...how to bypass?

More
2 months 1 day ago #64797 by Lupe
if this is your car you should get alldata for a month or year . there you can look that up , alot of wiring and infro . sorry i'm not familiar with your car but maybe some else in the forum is . good luck

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #64829 by passdatvw
Thanks for information. As i'm looking into alldata, there are others like mitchel1 and such.I'm not so much looking for wiring info. I have concluded i need ti replace high fuel pressure pump. Do you think i should go with alldata or do you have other sources that may be better. I would prefer video how to's.

Time to create page: 0.232 seconds