Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Mercedes 2006 ML 350

More
2 months 4 days ago #64753 by Mark Hart
Hello everyone. New to Forum. Great information here and great teacher. Really enjoying the information.
My vehicle is stuck in Florida. I live in Canada.

I have a Mercedes Benz 2006 ML 350. Just replaced engine and have same issue as before it was done.
Right bank no spark or voltage at coils. Bank closest to battery has no issues.
Good voltage across engine comp. fuses and supply lines. Scanner says short on right bank all cylinders.
I have checked and rechecked the wiring as best I can throughout the vehicle.

Can I jump the 12 volt wires to coils? will it hurt my new ECU?

Thanks for your help.
Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 days ago #64760 by ksat22
Replied by ksat22 on topic Mercedes 2006 ML 350
Do the wires that supply power to the coils all share the same color? If so, that's usually the tip-off to the power supply wire. You might want to consult a wiring diagram for your vehicle just to make sure.

If that is the power wire, applying 12V would probably be okay, unless that wire was somehow faulty and shorted to ground.

More
2 months 3 days ago #64762 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Mercedes 2006 ML 350

Mark, I moved your thread to the Repair section. More traffic, more likely to get help with your Merc. 

Will jumping 12V to your coils hurt anything? Not as long as you're certain about which wire you're jumping to, and that there's nothing wrong with that circuit.

First off, let's be clear about which cylinders have no spark. This is the cylinder layout for your engine for reference:

Second, this is a wiring diagram of your ignition coils. Engine running, pick a cylinder with no spark and measure voltage at each of the four pins with a multimeter. 

Let us know what your voltage readings are and we can help you further.

More
2 months 2 hours ago #64813 by Mark Hart
Replied by Mark Hart on topic Mercedes 2006 ML 350
coils 4,5,6, the problem. no voltage.
.81 volts across 4,5,6 # 1 wire. should be 12v
.000 volts across 4,5,6, # 2 wire
.002 volts across 4,5,6 # 3 wire
.2 volts across 4,5,6, # 4 wire.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #64817 by Mark Hart
Replied by Mark Hart on topic Mercedes 2006 ML 350
I connected a 12v wire to position 1, from the cylinders 1,2,3 to give me 12v on 4,5,6 and the engine started, ran and idled. I have power at the coils on 4,5,6. I then performed a cylinder drop and the engine responded on each. Still running a little rough though and engine light on but not flashing like before.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tyler

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds