Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

comms issue

More
2 months 1 week ago - 2 months 5 days ago #64742 by hunting4venison
comms issue was created by hunting4venison
2010 Chevy Impala LTZ
3.5 V6 Flex
Scan tool: Tech2Win on VXDIAG VCX NANO USB AND WIFI
CAN 6&14 = 60ohms

I can connect to all modules except radio(aftermarket JVC)  on car for diagnostic purposes, (read/clear codes, live data, bidirectional control.)
Wanted to check module configs to verify everything is up to date. No problem getting info from all modules EXCEPT ECM and TCM. This is where my issue is at.
When trying to access them I get either a hang(activity stops after about 4-5 seconds) or a no communication error.
I have tried via usb and wifi on the vci. Have also tried KOEO, KOER and with a jumpbox attached.
Doesn't make sense to me, so hopefully someone can shed some light.
Thanks
Last edit: 2 months 5 days ago by hunting4venison. Reason: fixing fat finger and brain fart problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 days ago #64756 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic comms issue
What software were you using to communicate with the vehicle? Techline Connect? Tech2Win?

Can you try another scan tool to communicate to the ECM or TCM? If another tool will talk to the ECM or TCM, then I would tend to suspect the VCX is the problem.

More
2 months 3 days ago #64759 by hunting4venison
Replied by hunting4venison on topic comms issue
yes tech2win on the vci. Impala is not MDI capable.
Did try a borrowed OBD2 scanner(harbor freight zr13 or 15 dont remember) this afternoon and it pulled the ECM & TCM calibrations but not others(BCM, SDM, EBCM, etc.) so that' weird.
I'm going to reinstall T2W and see if it helps. Need to get this sorted because it appears this car is missing a lot of updates, and a couple that are required to fix current issues.

More
2 months 3 days ago #64763 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic comms issue

Did try a borrowed OBD2 scanner(harbor freight zr13 or 15 dont remember) this afternoon and it pulled the ECM & TCM calibrations but not others(BCM, SDM, EBCM, etc.) so that' weird.

That's probably because the HF scanner is using Global/EOBD. The ECM and TCM are powertrain modules, and therefore legally required to answer when a Global/EOBD scanner asks for information. Most Global-only scanners won't talk to other body/chassis modules.

Let us know if you get T2W working correctly. 

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds